Our school community believes that a dress appearance code based on modesty, civility and health and safety sets a tone conducive to learning as well as being acceptable within the broader community, all within the discretion of the principal. Students are expected to present themselves appropriately for a place of learning. They are also expected to learn appearance and dress standards suitable at institutes of higher learning as well as in the work place.
The following are not acceptable in schools:
- beachwear of any type
- clothing with offensive logos or comments
- inappropriate jewellery or jewellery that may pose a safety hazard
- tank tops with narrow straps, halter tops and muscle shirts are not appropriate as well
- as tops that do not cover the midriff.
- walking shorts of acceptable length may be worn in season.
- hats are to be removed when entering the school
- footwear is to be worn at all times (no flip-flops)
Students should perform a “self-test” before coming to school. If, when arms are raised above the head, midriff is exposed, then the top is too short. When arms are fully extended against the thigh and fingers touch flesh, the shorts or skirt is too short. Straps thinner than 3-fingers cannot be worn.